JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
POST TITLE: Co. Roscommon and Creggs RFC Club & Community Rugby Officer (CCRO)
LOCATION: Co. Roscommon and Creggs RFC catchment area
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION: The purpose of the position is to increase the numbers of people participating in rugby in Co. Roscommon and in particular Creggs RFC’s catchment area. The role will include working with local National and Secondary Schools to develop rugby and recruit participants for Creggs RFC. The role will also involve growing the game in terms of community group and adult participation.
Operational & Functional: Operationally, the CCRO will report directly to the Rugby Participation Manager. Functionally, the CCRO will report to the Domestic Rugby Manager of Connacht Rugby.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND / EDUCATION
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in rugby and will have experience of coaching and/or playing the game.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have completed a minimum of an IRFU coaching course at Stage 1, Stage 2 or Stage 3.
- Previous experience of coaching young people from the age of 7 to 18 is desirable.
- Previous experience of working/volunteering in a club, school or community environment is desirable
- A third level qualification in a sports relation discipline would be beneficial.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be extremely well organised.
- Conscientious and trustworthy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Full clean drivers licence and access to own transport.
The Co. Roscommon and Creggs RFC CCRO will be responsible for:
- Working towards agreed key performance indicators.
- Delivery of appropriate training sessions to National/Secondary Schools and Community groups in Co. Roscommon and Creggs RFC’s catchment area.
- Introduction and development of a culture of playing rugby within participating schools and groups.
- Organisation and management of festivals and blitzes according to need.
- Organisation of weekly, monthly timetable with stakeholders.
- Available as a coach and player development resource to Creggs RFC on a needs basis and in consultation with line manager.
- Provision of up to date reports to Connacht Rugby management.
- Provision of photographs and reports to the Connacht Branch Administrator for inclusion on the Connacht Club and Community website.
- Actions and behaviours will ensure Connacht Rugby, Roscommon County Council and Creggs RFC are viewed in a professional manner.
- KPI’s to be agreed with successful candidate on commencement of the role.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com before 2pm on Friday, July 21st. Interviews will take place on July 25th and 26th.